Do I need a clicker?
Some instructors use clickers, some don’t. Your professors will tell you if you need a clicker. If you have several classes using clickers, you can use the same clicker for them all.
How to get equipped?
For each course, your professors will tell you if you have to borrow a clicker box or if you can use your smartphone.
Borrowing a clicker box
You can borrow a clicker box for the semester from the Library, exactly the same way you would borrow a book. The loan is free and the only thing you need is your student ID card (CAMIPRO).
Loaned clickers will have to be returned at the end of the semester.
Using your smartphone
The information below is valid only if your teacher allows the use of smartphones in her/his class.
- Check that your device is compatible on the ResponseWare web page, under the “Specs” tab.
- Connect your device to the internet, preferably through Wifi.
For help with connecting to the EPFL wifi.
- Depending on your device:
- Devices with a compatible web browser: simply bookmark the http://responseware.eu web site to find it more easily in class.
- Apple / Android smartphones and tablets: download and install the “ResponseWare” app from the Apple AppStore or from Android Google Play.
When you launch the app for the first time, access the settings menu and choose the “Europe” region.